Current Available Positions
Job Title: PA (to the Founder) & Admin Manager
Location: Online (work from home, yay) with weekly in-person catch ups with the Founder (Brisbane-based)
Employment: Part-time - minimum 16 hours per week – must be able to work Monday-Friday (sometimes weekends if required for events). Position will very likely become full-time within 2-3 months (max) as the role requirements increase.
The Dog Mum. (www.thedogmum.com) is Australia’s most popular online retailer of ethically-made threads for the sassy #dogmum and #dogdad in the ‘hood. We are currently looking for another motherpupper to join our puppy-lovin’ posse. Could this be you?
The PA (to the Founder) and Admin Manager is a diverse, dynamic and fun role. The role has a primary focus to ensure the Founder is well organised and supported in her role as lead Motherpupper through effective office administration, calendar coordination, photoshoot planning, and other general duties to keep the brand organised and moving forward. The role will also be responsible for correspondence coming in and out of the office (mainly emails), social media activity and engagement, brand management and collaboration with various stakeholders. For the right applicant, the role will also have some exciting marketing and growth type responsibilities as well.
To be successful in this role you absolutely must be a Dog Mum, that’s a non-negotiable. You need to be highly organised, proactive, able to communicate really well (on all communication platforms) and have a desire to play an important part in growing the brand. You will need to have a high level of technical skills, be super organised and just “get” us and our overall vision. Your values must also align with ours too.
The Dog Mum. values
- Providing a customer experience like no other
- Obsessed with quality
- Honesty and transparency (across every aspect of the business)
- Generosity (especially to those in need)
- Genuine love for hoomans and their fur babies
- Ethically made and sweatshop free
Skills you need to have
- Great communication (verbal and non-verbal)
- Technical skills (hugely important for this gig given we are primarily online)
- Facebook, Instagram and other social media expertise
- A love and passion for admin-type work
- A strong work-ethic (we are all super hard-working motherpuppers around here)
- Ability to think outside the box (we like doing things differently)
The kinds of things you will do (there are heaps more, but here’s a couple)
- Keep the Founder organised (first and foremost) – you will literally be her right hand
- Create and maintain the brand’s yearly strategy schedule
- Manage most communication in and out of the business (emails, etc.)
- Implement all new product releases (from design, to website upload, to promotion)
- Manage community engagement on socials (IG and FB)
- Book and manage all product photoshoots
- Help grow the brand by implementing new strategies
Why you really want to work for us
- Able to work from home (just one face-to-face catch up with the Founder each week)
- Flexible work hours
- Awesome brand that’s seriously going places
- Opportunity to really help grow the brand and build your knowledge and skills
- Free clothes, yasss
- A boss who actually gives a damn about you personally and professionally
Above the current award rate and applicant-dependent – we can discuss this come interview time
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm (AEST) Wednesday 17th April 2019 (yep, we want to fill this position and get you on-board fast).